Thomas L. Spraggs took over Spraggs & Co. from his father in 2005. Since then, Mr Spraggs has led the firm through significant growth. Today he works with a large team of experienced lawyers, investigators and claims managers to get justice for injured people.
Mr Spraggs holds a Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws degrees. He articled at a personal injury firm in Alberta and continued as an associate at that firm before returning to Coquitlam, BC to lead Spraggs & Co. Thomas has applied innovative approaches to practice management and an progressive approach to technology to lead Spraggs & Co to become a highly respected award-winning firm.
A former competitive swimmer, Thomas brings a tireless work ethic and extensive trial experience, including jury trials, to help obtain the settlements and court awards that his clients deserve. Thomas is a member of the law societies of British Columbia, Yukon and Alberta. He’s a member of the Trial Lawyers Association of BC and the American Association for Justice.
Degrees & Year
- LLB 1996
- LLM 1997
- MBA 2013
Bar Admissions & Year
- BC Bar 2003
- Alberta Bar 2000
- Yukon Bar 2001
Any other credentials
- Qarb with Alternative Dispute Institute of BC
- CBA Innovative Workplace Award (2016)
- Business School for Lawyers: What They Didn’t Teach You in Law School (2014 Solo and Small Firm Conference),
- Threats and Opportunity for Small Firms ( 2014 Solo and Small Firm Conference),
- Unconference Session on Solo and Small Firm Practices (2014 Solo and Small Firm Conference) .
Solo and Small Firm Series
- Handling High Conflict clients,
- Law Firm Knowledge Management,
- the Lawyer’s Checklist Manifesto, and
- Ethically Marketing & Branding Your Law Firm (2017 Solo and Small Firm Series, Chair and Presenter).
Pacific Legal Technology Presentation
- Will IT Replace Lawyers? (upcoming 2018),
- Pacific Legal Technology Conference 2015 (Presenter).
- American Association for Justice,
- New Westminster Bar Association,
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC,
- Canadian Bar Association,
- BCLI Board of Directors – Vice Chair,
- Douglas College – Vice Chair,
- CBABC Civil Litigation Tri-Cities/New Westminster Section Co-Chair.
Are you injured? Here’s some answers to commonly asked questions that I receive: